The chairman of the Eternal Ukraine NGO appealed to the Emergency and Disaster Medicine Center (this is the name of the institution whose staff will come to call 103, on the other Ambulance) located at 37B Bogdan Khmelnitsky Street in Shevchenkivskyi district of the capital to find out the state of emergency preparedness for the epidemic that may cover Kyiv, unless the spread of the disease is overcome.
The official information request and the answer are placed on our site.
The request offered to provide answers to the following questions, and the answers were not always clear:
1. What is the readiness of the Emergency and Disaster Medicine Center for coronavirus control?
The EMD and MK center is ready for use in the event of an outbreak of coronavirus infection
2. Where to get suspected of having a disease?
If a coronavirus infection is suspected, the patient should consult his or her family doctor first.
3. How many coronavirus screening tests are available at the Emergency and Disaster Medicine Center?
EMD and MK have purchased 750 rapid coronavirus tests.
4. How many coronavirus cases have been reported?
Every day, between 30 and 40 citizens register suspected coronavirus infection with the EMD and MK Center.
5. Do the Center’s medical staff have the necessary protective ammunition?
EMD and MK Center health workers are provided with protective equipment to work with infected patients.
6. Were funds allocated specifically for the purpose of combating coronavirus and how much?
Funding for the EMD Center and the MC is within the estimated budget.
7. Did the employees receive the necessary instructions from the management?
Do EMD Center staff and MC employees follow regulations and approved diagnostic and treatment protocols (standards) in their work?
8. What is the official information on the number of patients who are in the Center and how many places for people are ready for hospitalization in the event of an epidemic?
Other issues are beyond the competence of the EMD Center and the MC
The number of places for coronavirus-infected people was unsuccessful, but the number of available tests can be easily calculated (750/40 for approximately 19 days), provided that the number of hits does not increase.